Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I wanted my mommy!

Today I want to be very transparent. I'm going to give you a brief look into my greatest fear. Please keep the children out of the room as you read this and if you are under 18 you may need to hit the "Esc" button on your computer now. Here goes...

I went to the dentist today! Whew this is going to be tough... there was a sweet little lady that took me back to "the chair" (very appropriately named, don't you think) and told me just relax and stop crying.

But hey, you know what? They did have a DVD of "The Andy Griffith Show" and it just happened to be playing one of my favorite episodes. You remember the one where Barney buys a car from Mrs. Lesh? BUT THEN TERROR!!!!

Just as I was getting into the DVD and had just about stopped with the sobbing heaves, the very nice soft spoken young lady came in and told me to relax... let go of her arm... and let her take the temporary crown out. At that point she put some channel-locks in my mouth and started TWISTING!

Dental Asst.: I know this must be a little uncomfortable for you.

Heavy D: Really... what was your first clue? Was it the screaming like a little girl or the tears rolling down my rosy red cheeks?!?!?!

Well, that left this nub of a tooth/exposed root unprotected and that precious little masochist of a dental asst. decides to rinse it with COLD water!

Dental Asst.: Oh Mr. Heavy D, I know that must hurt... but you don't have to use language like that.

Heavy D: (shivering and drawing into the fetal position) sorry. Nothing personal...

Then they stuck this "Crown" in my mouth. Do you know what a crown is made of? Metal covered with porcelain to make it resemble a tooth. So let me describe for you what it felt like as they placed this metal thing on this practically exposed nerve and pressed down.

Go to you kitchen, open the drawer and get out a stainless steel spoon... good. Now put it in your mouth between your teeth... good. Now CHEW IT!!! Yea, awful huh!

Look man, that's the stuff nightmares are made of!! That is my greatest fear!!! I could have sworn I heard that dental asst cackling like some satanic mistress of the night during the whole thing!

Thanks for letting me share that... a real break through.

Blessings,
Heavy D

PS - How am I doing now? Great never felt better... thanks for asking.

1 comment:

  1. Dude...I'm seeing you in a whole new light.

    I'm pretty sure dental work started during the rule of Caligula over the Roman Empire, and we all know what a sick, twisted freak he was.

    ReplyDelete